Human Foosball Rules
- Human Foosball is like the classic table top Foosball, however, it is played with real people, a foam ball and in a large enclosed arena.
- No experience necessary.
- Two teams compete against each other to score the most goals in the allotted time.
- Each team consists of 6 players in 3 different rows that must face the opposing teams goal at all times: 1 goalie, 3 mid-fielders and 2 forwards.
- Teams are allowed up to two (2) spare players, who may substitute at the intermission during any game.
- 6 poles are laid cross the arena with a sleeve over each. The sleeve allows the players in each row to move laterally along the pole, but not forward or backward.
- The game is played in two 10 minute halves, with a 2 minute half-time.
- Teams change sides after half-time.
- All players must be 8 years of age or older. Children ages 8-17 will require a parental waiver.
- All Team Players must sign a waiver before they are able to play.
- Players will be positioned at the appropriate places in the arena.
- Players must keep both hands on their respective handles at all times, and one foot must be touching the ground. Shoulders must be kept above the bar at all times.
- The game starts by the ref rolling the ball into play from the mid-field area.
- Play continues until a penalty occurs, a goal is scored, or the timer runs out.
- Players can only move laterally from side to side. Mid-Fielders and Forwards must work together to move side to side. Teamwork is key.
- Player substitution is allowed at halftime.
Once a penalty occurs, the non-offending team gains possession of the ball in the mid-field position. Penalties occur when:
- Any player or goalie takes their hand off of their handles.
- Any contact with opposing team
- Any delay of game incident (as determined by the ref)
- A goal will be awarded to the shooting team, if the opposing team deliberately takes their hands off the bar to prevent a shot on net.
Restarting the Game
- When a goal is scored or the ball goes out of bounds, the game is restarted by rolling the ball in to the mid-field area.
How the Game Ends
- The game is over when the time expires.
- If tied, a 2 minute sudden death period will be played.
- All team members must sign waiver before being eligible to play.
- Tournament play & schedule will be determined by Friday September 28th
- Teams are responsible to ensure they are at their correct location and ready to compete at the scheduled beginning of the round. The organizers reserve the right to disqualify any team who is not ready to play. This rule is imposed to not to delay the programming for the event.
- Absolutely no hanging off of the poles, one foot must be on the ground at all times, and shoulders not allowed below the bar.
- Protective soccer shin pads may be worn by players if they wish but is not required.
- Proper footwear is mandatory. Footwear must cover the entire foot. Sorry Teton Valley, no Chacos or sandals allowed.