*Elaborate figure skating costumes not required or expected.
- Coed Learn to Skate – November 13th / 20th, December 4th / 11th / 18th
- Adult Learn to Skate is the perfect platform to pick up skills for skating success. Those who are brand new to the ice will benefit from experienced skating instruction and games to make class fun. Helmets required. Ski or bike helmets work just fine. Gloves & winter layers recommended for our outdoor rink.
- Coed Learn to Play Level I – November 13th / 20th, December 4th / 11th / 18th
- A Session of Learn to Play Hockey Level I will be held at the same time as Learn to Skate. Ice will be split with divider pads to separate the classes. Basic skills to enhance skating ability will be taught along with puck handling and agility.
- Coed Learn to Play Level II – January 8th / 15th / 22nd / 29th, February 5th
- New for 2020! This class is designed for the intermediate player looking to take the next step in learning the game. Positioning, strategy, and hockey rules will be taught, as well as individual skills. The perfect way to up your understanding of the game and learn team play.
- Women’s Learn to Play – January 8th / 15th / 22nd / 29th, February 5th
- Women’s Learn to Play is designed to go at your pace and teach you the game while having a blast doing it. Experienced coaches will help you with gear, skating, puck handling, shooting and more. A perfect way to try something new or get more ice time as you learn more the game.
FEES PER PERSON: $75 for a 5-weeks (Includes skate rental if needed)
Adult “Learn To” Series
We are pleased to again offer our popular Adult “Learn To” Series which includes Coed Learn to Skate, Coed Learn to Play, or Women’s Only Learn to Play. Classes are designed to help adults learn or improve their abilities in skating or hockey. The 5-week sessions are great for true beginners or those with experience who want to get better at their craft. Pond Hockey players who want to expand their skills and knowledge of the game will learn a ton, while adults who don’t know how to skate at all can master the basics. Learn to skate to add a fun new winter sport to your life! Classes will be adapted to accommodate different abilities in the same practice.
2019 / 20 ‘LEARN TO’ SESSIONS
Wednesday Nights 6:45 PM – 7:45 PM
- All players must register online, pay in full, and sign a waiver prior to practice.
- Hockey gear is not provided, but we do have limited rental equipment for Women’s Learn to Play to grow the program. EMAIL US for more info on gear availability
Drop-In Hockey is designed for players who want to scrimmage in a fun, more informal environment than an actual league. Daily drop-in fee or a season pass required. Adult hockey is offered weekly as Pick Up Hockey and during Adult Stick & Puck.
PRIVATE HOCKEY LESSONS – Private lessons are available for $50 per session. Email email@example.com for more info.
Teton Valley Foundation’s Women’s Hockey is an entry level recreational program intended for players ages 16 and older. This is a fun way to be active in winter, meet other women, get exercise, and learn a new sport. No experience is required and practices are designed to support beginners and advanced players. Sunday nights are home to practices while Wednesdays will feature scrimmages and game play. Both nights feature dedicated coaches who are committed to growing the game. This is an incredibly fun and supportive sport atmosphere!
Women’s Hockey Player Packages
- The Women’s Hockey Total Baller Package: Registration for both Wednesdays & Sundays from mid – November – Mid March: $275 (includes jersey for game nights)
- The Women’s Hockey Wednesday Gamer: Registration for just Wednesday nights. Includes game play and practices/scrimmages on the non-game Wednesdays – $175 (includes jersey for game nights)
- The Women’s Hockey Sunday Funday Practicer: Registration for Sunday night practices only. New players encouraged to join! Sunday practices are perfect for beginners – $150
Coed Hockey Leagues 2019/20
Kotler Ice Arena offers to two adult hockey leagues. Our Thursday night league uses goalies and regulation hockey play. Perfect for more advanced and competitive players. Sunday nights are home to the classic pond hockey play.
Players must be registered on a team to participate in league play. All players are required to sign a waiver. Helmets, gloves and shin pads are required.
Thursday Night Regulation Goalie Hockey – 7 Team Slots, potential for one team opening. Email the League Commissioner to inquire. New players should register as Free Agents.
Sunday Night Pond Hockey – 6 Team Slots. Inquire with League Commissioner regarding team openings. New players should register as Free Agents.
Free Agents – Looking to join a team of your new best friends? Fill out our Adult Hockey Free Agent Form to enter the Free Agent Pool. Free agents will be placed after November 1st.
Questions? – Contact Jay Mazalewski, Pond Hockey Commissioner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop-Ins: Practice Drop-ins $12. League Game drop-ins $15. Subject to availability.
- Beginners Welcome!
- Beginners practice free on their first night! New players must email us in advance to attend their free practice. Sunday night hockey is perfect for beginners and coaches will be on hand to help guide instruction.
- Women can also sign up for our 5 week Learn to Skate or Play series as a stepping stone (details above).
- Equipment: We have some limited gear available for use, especially for beginners coming for their first practice. Full season rentals are available on a first-come, first served basis. Inquire at the Rink for availability and pricing. Purchasing used gear is a great option for full season players.
Women’s League Schedule
- Scrimmages / Game Nights – Wednesdays 7:45 – 9:15 pm
- Practices – Sundays 5:15 – 6:30 pm
- In House 3 v 3 Tournament – Women’s In House 3 v 3 Tournament returns to close the season in March. Date TBA. Will be a weeknight after March 14th.
- Be on time! – Arrive 20-30 minutes prior to practice to get dressed. Respect your teammates’ & coaches’ time.
QUESTIONS? – Contact Crista Pentz, Women’s Hockey Coordinator, at email@example.com for more information.