Teton Valley Foundation offers a variety of adult skating and hockey programs including coed or women’s hockey leagues, “Learn to Play”, “Learn to Skate”, pick-up hockey, and more. Scroll down to learn more about our programs.
February 8th – 10th – Women’s Big Hole Bonanza Tournament
March 8th – 10th – Cutthroat Classic Adult Goalie Tournament
March 18th-22nd – Pond Hockey League Finals
March 22nd – Rink Closing Day
Adult Skating Lessons & Programs
Adult “Learn To” Series
We are pleased to again offer our popular Adult “Learn To” Series which includes Coed Learn to Skate, Coed Learn to Play, or Women’s Only Learn to Play to help adults learn OR improve their abilities in either skating or hockey. The 5-week sessions are great for both true beginners OR those with experience who want to get better at their craft. Pond Hockey players who want to expand their skills and knowledge of the game will learn a ton, while adults who don’t know how to skate at all can master the basics to keep up with their kids. Classes will be adapted to accommodate different abilities in the same practice.
LEARN TO SESSIONS Wednesday Nights at 6:45 PM for 5 weeks
- Coed Learn to Skate – November 21st – December 19th
- Coed Learn to Play – January 2nd – January 30th
- Women’s Only Learn to Play – February 6th – March 6th
FEES PER PERSON: $75 for a 5-weeks (Includes skate rental if needed)
- All players must register online, pay in full, and sign a waiver BEFORE they can practice.
- Hockey gear is not provided but we do have limited rental equipment for Women’s Learn to Play to grow the program. EMAIL US for more info on gear availability
PRIVATE LESSONS – Private lessons are available for $50 per session. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Drop-In Hockey is designed for players who want to scrimmage in a fun, more informal environment than an actual league. Daily drop-in fee or a season pass required.
Coed Pond Hockey League
Thursday Night Regulation Goalie Hockey – 6 Teams TEAM SLOTS FULL
Sunday Night Pond Hockey – 6 Teams TEAM SLOTS FULL
Free Agents – Looking to join a team of your new best friends? Contact the Commish to see if any spots are still available.
Questions? – Contact Jay Mazalewski, Pond Hockey Commissioner, at email@example.com if you need more information.
WOMEN’S HOCKEY LEAGUE
Teton Valley Foundation’s Women’s Hockey is an entry level recreational program intended for players ages 16 and older. This is a fun way to be active in winter, meet other Teton Valley women, get some exercise, and improve at a new sport. No experience is required and practices are designed to support both beginners and advanced players. Scrimmages on Sundays and practices on Wednesdays with dedicated coaches! The most comprehensive option is to sign up for the entire league including games and practices, but there are some intermediate steps you can take if you are unsure about the full league:
- Half League: You can sign up for JUST games or JUST practices if you don’t want to do both. You cannot mix & match.
- Drop-In: Women can drop-in to a Women’s League practice for $15 to try it out….your first time playing hockey for beginners is free! New players must email us in advance to come to an initial league practice.
- Beginner Alternative: Women can sign up for our 5 week Learn to Skate or Play series as a stepping stone (details above)
- Equipment: We have SOME limited gear available for use, especially for beginners coming for their first practice just to try it out. We also have some limited equipment available for renting through the season. Purchasing used gear is a great option.
League Fees Per Person By November 1st After November 1st
- Scrimmage Night AND Practice Night $250 $275
- Scrimmage Night OR Practice Night $150 $175
- Drop In for either night $15 per night
Women’s League Schedule
- Scrimmages – Sundays 5:30 – 6:45 pm
- Practices – Wednesdays 7:45 – 9:00 pm
- Women’s Big Hole Bonanza Tournament – One home tournament February 8th -10th. Optional additional travel tournaments to be coordinated by team members.
- In House Tournament – NEW for 2019! Women’s In House Tournament to close the season March 20th & 21st.
- Be on time! – Arrive 20-30 minutes prior to practice to get dressed. Respect your teammates’ & coaches’ time.
Women’s Hockey Registration
Open Now! Click Here to Register
QUESTIONS? – Contact Crista Pentz, Women’s Hockey Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.