Donate to Our Capital Campaign
KOTLER ICE ARENA 1.2M CAPITAL CAMPAIGN
The Kotler Ice Arena has been a covered, open-air rink since 2010. After our warmest winter on record in 2015, we knew it was time to take the rink to the next level by expanding as a reliable, highly functional, quality outdoor ice arena for family friendly, affordable winter recreation including scholarships and subsidized programs. Our priority was to create a functional, community-oriented facility (with an amazing mountain view!). In 2016 we installed a cooling system by raising over $450,000 to achieve that end…quite an accomplishment for a community with only 2 stop lights! Historically our ice seasons lasted 8 weeks (at best), but starting in 2017/18 our ice season doubled to over 16 weeks of fun!
PHASE 2 focuses on useable space for everyone to enjoy. If you have ever been to the ice rink on a Friday night you know that the warming hut is packed to the gills with people and there is only one bathroom! Or if you are a hockey player, you know what it’s like when multiple teams are trying to cram into our limited locker space to prepare for their games. Phase 2 includes an expanded warming hut for users, installing ADA bathrooms, building an office for our rink staff, improving Zamboni room efficiencies, and creating additional locker space so we can start hosting larger tournaments.
A THREE-PHASED STRATEGY
Phase 1: ($450,000) Install cooling system for full ice season; add basic lockers; extend to regulation length – COMPLETED JANUARY 2017
Phase 2: ($300,000) Increase rink functionality with bathrooms, expanded warming hut, additional locker rooms – FUNDRAISING HAPPENING NOW! Donate above.
Phase 3: ($450,000) Expand spectator areas, add spectator seating, extended roof, snow control wall.
We have a big vision for Kotler Arena, but we need your help to make it reality. We are seeking leadership level partners to help us reach our project goals. Please contact us to learn more or donate now! Checks can be mailed to Teton Valley Foundation, PO Box 50, Victor, ID 83455. Note “Rink Capital Campaign” in the memo.
- Develop in a fiscally responsible, forward-thinking manner by investing in reliable equipment
- Execute construction and design that minimizes retroactive expense with any future modifications
- Construct new elements to meet current code standards
- Meet immediate needs of the community while considering long-range potential by prioritizing funds for a cooling system to create consistent ice.
- Maintain the rink as an open-air facility, capitalizing on the unique mountain views
- Prioritize construction that has a direct impact on the economy including reliable ice and locker rooms that can better accommodate tournaments