Kotler Ice Arena offers youth programs in both skating and hockey for kids ages 4 – 14 of all abilities including: Teton Valley Youth Hockey, Learn to Skate, Intermediate Skating Lessons, Girl’s Hockey & Try Hockey for Free Day! All of our programs provide an opportunity for your child to learn, have fun, and exercise in winter with supportive coaches! Click for scholarship information.
2018-19 RINK DATES
September 1st – Youth Hockey Registration Opens with Early Bird Pricing
October 1st – Regular registration rates until October 31st
November 1st – Late registration rates until November 15
Early November – Youth hockey rental gear pick up
November 10th – Rink Opens!
November 12th – Youth Hockey Begins
December 24-31 -Modified holiday schedule
January 1st – NHL Winter Classic Skate Party
March 1st-3rd – Squirts home tournament
Mar 10 – Try Hockey for free day!
March 15th – Youth Hockey Ends
TETON VALLEY YOUTH HOCKEY
Teton Valley Youth Hockey is a recreational league designed to help kids ages 4 – 14 develop as hockey players while enjoying a fun winter activity on ice. Our focus is on skill development, teamwork, exercise, and fun! Beginners are welcome through age 10. Dedicated volunteer coaching staff are trained with USA Hockey to work with varied skill levels. If you have a young child who will be new to youth hockey please read our MINI-MITES/MITES FAQ’S
FEES, EQUIPMENT, & SCHOLARSHIPS
|AGE DIVISION||BEFORE NOV 1||UNTIL NOV 15|
|Mini Mites 4-6||$225||$250|
USA Hockey Fees – All players must register with USA Hockey, but any player 7 years and older is also required to pay an additional $46 mandatory fee to USA Hockey ($40 for USA Hockey & $6 for Idaho Amateur Hockey Association). USA Hockey membership also covers supplemental player insurance for the season.
Season Equipment Rental – $50/SEASON – Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Elbow Pads, Gloves, Pants, Shin Guards, Hockey Socks, & Practice Jersery
- NOT included: Skates, sticks, tape, & support belts. You can buy most of these items (except skates) at the ice rink. Purchase used gear at the Jackson hockey swap, Victor Seconds, or Play it Again Sports in Idaho Falls. Older Teton Valley players may also be selling gear.
- A $100 credit card or check deposit is required when you pick up your gear. You will NOT be charged if gear is returned by March 25th
- You can ONLY pick up gear during the three time slots in early November.
- We have rental gear for all Mites & Mini Mites. We have some limited gear for Squirts. Peewees/Bantams gear only for scholarship kids.
Scholarships – We offer partial & full scholarships for both Youth Hockey AND Ice skating. Scholarships are based primarily on financial need, but priority will be given to kids who are typically under-represented in our hockey program including kids of non-white descent; girls; members of the rural farming community; etc. However, regardless of cultural background, ethnicity, or gender, anyone who demonstrates financial need will be considered. Each candidate must complete an application. Please email us for more information, or to request an application in english OR spanish.
2017/18 SEASON SCHEDULE & TOURNAMENTS
Schedule – CLICK HERE FOR 2017/18 SCHEDULE. – BE ON TIME! Please arrive 30 minutes early to get dressed…it takes longer than you think.
- Mini Mites – Wed & Fri
- Mites – Wed & Fri
- Squirts – Mon, Tues, Thurs
- Peewee – Mon, Tues, Thurs
- Bantam – Mon, Wed, Thurs
Tournaments & Games – Youth Hockey fees for all age divisions include a local tournament and players are expected to participate. Each team will plan to travel to a few tournaments that are optional for players and require a supplemental fee. Your Team Managers will share more info once the season starts.
- Peewee/Bantam Combo Tournament: Dec 15-17
- Mini Mites & Mites Jamboree: Jan 26 – 28
- Squirts Tournament: Mar 2 -4
LEARN TO SKATE PROGRAM & SUPPLEMENTAL GIRL’S HOCKEY
Learn to Skate – Designed for budding hockey players AND figure skaters alike. Perfect for kids who want to practice skating before joining Youth Hockey OR kids who are on a team but want additional skating instruction to catch up with their peers. Two 8-week sessions on Wednesdays. Cost is $100 for one session or $180 for both (including skates). To learn more or register scroll down to the Learn to Skate section of this webpage.
Girl’s Hockey – We offer supplemental girls’ hockey for ages 4 – 14 on Saturdays. That means your daughter can play on her regular coed team and still sign up to play with other girls! This 8-week program is also designed as an introduction to hockey for girls who aren’t ready to commit to a full league. To learn more about this program or to register scroll down to the girls’ hockey section of this webpage.
REQUIRED PARENT VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT – New in 2017!
In order to continue developing our nonprofit Youth Hockey program, create a sense of community among parents, and keep costs as low as possible, parents will now be required to volunteer at least 4 hours of time per season per child. This can include coaching, supporting tournaments, fundraising, being a team manager, and more. You will need to agree to the commitment during the registration process. You will also be required to pay a $50 volunteer deposit and at the end of the season you will be reimbursed once you meet your obligation – CHECK BACK SOON TO SIGN UP!
REGISTER YOUR CHILD – Early rates end October 31st!
1. Sportsengine.com is our registration site. You will be charged a 3% admin fee. During the registration process you will be re-routed to USA Hockey to sign up your child before you can continue the registration process. Kids 7 or older must pay a $46 USA Hockey fee.
2. During the registration process you can add rental gear, add supplemental girl’s hockey, and pay your $50 volunteer deposit.
3. You will be required to sign a waiver and refund policy for your child.
4. If you have 3 children in our programs (either skate or hockey) you will receive a 50% reimbursement for the youngest child off of the registration price.
LEARN TO SKATE & INTERMEDIATE SKATING LESSONS
Learn to Skate – (Ages 4 – 10) This class is appropriate for budding skaters of all kinds including eager hockey players who want to hone their skating skills or striving figure skaters. First time beginners and novice skaters with elementary skills will both benefit from honing basic skating technique. Students can use EITHER hockey or figure skates.
Intermediate Skating – (Ages 6 – 12) is for kids who already have fundamental skating skills and want to begin narrowing their focus on figure skating technique in particular. Intermediate students will strengthen their basic skills, like power strokes, and cover first jumps and first spins. Figure skates only.
Fees & Schedule – $100 for each 8 week session or $180 for BOTH sessions
- Session 1: Nov 20 – Jan 15
- Session 2: Jan 22 – Mar 12
- Wednesdays 4:30 – 5:15 (Fees include skate rentals)
Private lessons – Private lessons are available by appointment-only on Saturdays & Sundays. Fees are $40 per lesson for children 12 & under. ($50/lesson over 12 years). For more information email us or call 208-399-2ICE.
Scholarships – We offer several partial of full scholarships for both Youth Hockey AND our Skating Program. Scholarships are based primarily on financial need, but priority will be given to kids who are typically under-represented in our hockey program including kids of non-white descent; girls; members of the rural farming community; etc. However, regardless of cultural background, ethnicity, or gender anyone who exhibits financial need will be considered. Each candidate must complete an application. Please email us for more information, or to request a scholarship application in english OR spanish.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER – Participants will NOT be able to practice until your child is registered and paid in full.
Questions? Feel free to contact the rink manager at email@example.com 0r 208-399-2ICE (2423)
New in 2017 we will offer a supplemental girl’s hockey program on Saturday mornings. This is a chance for girls ages 4 – 14 to learn and improve their skills in a supportive, fun, all-female environment. The program is designed for girls who are new to the sport AND returning girls who also play in our coed Youth Hockey league. Practices with female coaches will be adjusted to accommodate both beginners and advanced players. The cost would normally be $100 per child for 8 sessions, but TVF Youth Hockey is subsidizing the cost of the program this year to encourage participation!
- Saturdays: 9:15 – 10:00
- 8 non-consecutive weeks: Dec 2, Dec 9, Dec 30, Jan 13, Jan 20, Feb 3, Feb 17, & Feb 24.
- $50 for girls also playing on a coed team / $75 players NOT on a current co-ed team.
- Equipment requirements; stick, helmet and gloves. If you would like a full setup, season rentals are available for $50. Please check with Michael at the Rink for more information.
- YOUTH HOCKEY COED TEAM PLAYERS DO NOT NEED TO SIGN UP AT THE LINK BELOW. You will sign up for your coed team through the normal Teton Valley Youth Hockey Sportsngin account and there will be an option to add the supplemental girl’s fee when you go through that process. Click on the youth hockey tab above on this webpage to simultaneously register for a coed team & girls’ hockey.
TRY HOCKEY FOR FREE DAY – MARCH 10th
Try Hockey for Free is a national program through USA Hockey with over 500 programs participating. Teton Valley kids ages 4-9 can join us on Saturday, March 10th for a chance to check out this fun winter sport. Here are the details:
- 12 Noon
- Rental skates, helmets, gloves (and sticks if applicable) are provided for free during the session
- Your child gets a free USA Hockey jersey just for participating. Ages 4 – 9 years.
- Weather in March can be warm or cold, so please dress appropriately and bring extra layers.
- Must register in advance! Space may be limited due to equipment.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
FREE FIGURE SKATING DAY – MARCH 18th
Free Figure Skating Day Feeling inspired by the Olympics? Always wanted to learn spins and maybe one day hit that salchow? Come check out a Figure Skating Exhibition by the Skating Club of Jackson Hole (11am-12noon), then join on the ice to learn the basics (12noon – 1pm)! All ages welcome.